Saturday, March 6, 2010

rad poetry #14: for nicki-poo demske

RAD POETRY THANKS NICKI-POO DEMSKE AND FRIENDSHIP COUNTY (FOR DELICIOUS PROMPTING)



EVERYONE'S A LIGHT SWITCH IN A SUNDOWN TOWN
(as read by Carolyn Zaikowski)


for Nicki-Poo Demske

We moved and mom took the pylons.
We reconvene, sinister ventriloquists,
cliquey as a microbrew. Sure I get down
hill, but I don't use skis. Is there anything you
know that you didn't find on the wet underside
of a Snapple lid? Thanks, but no. Thanks, I'm
good. We moved and mom put the pythons in
expensive Tupperware. My dad worked in a salt
mine and then he worked in a lighthouse. My dad
works for nothing and then he'll work for love.
I don't sit, I study. When we move in together,
you're not allowed to bring the setee. Hard candy
and Skoal. Cum and photo chemicals. We sat up
all night writing blurbs for cereal. Sandals and dust.
Prayer cards and piglets. I would care about the world
more, I think, if it would meet me with the things I think.

4 comments:

JRY said...

I told you that you needed to eat that kraft dinner, it helps control those kinds of spasms.. See, dad knows best!

John

Boo said...

oh my god...my mind is so blown.

gkwak said...

holy shit, this is so good. mike going apeshit. words, ill. carolyn's reading style is the best. finally someone not trying to do that monotone poet-y shit. like, some enthusiastic person reading a kid to a book. i mean a book to a kid. or both-wise, ways. damn. have carolyn read more of 'em.

Mike Young said...

boo, thanks!

gene, thanks! agreed: carolyn is the best. i passed along yr compliments. reading a kid to a book!