Sunday, March 22, 2009

rad poetry #3: for colin bassett

RAD POETRY THANKS COLIN BASSETT AND CHELSEA MARTIN



Sometimes it feels like being in a gigantic room and being only one person.
by Chelsea Martin


for Colin Bassett

I’m on the toilet right now. Or I was when I thought of writing that.
I’m on the phone waiting for Colin Bassett to say something.

I’m trying to make him yell at me about how it isn’t possible to write a French song if you only know two French words and have no background in music and one of the words is croissant.

I think I’m at a point in my life.

All day I thought about what my roommate said.
About our cat purring loudly while watching her clean the litter box.

Someone came over and passed out in my bed after calling me depressed, after calling me lazy, after questioning my morals, after storing some frozen meals in my freezer, after arriving very late with what seemed to be absolutely no intention of having sex with me.

If this is what I’m supposed to be writing about, then good, I feel better.

If I have a yeast infection it’s probably because of a number of things.

What I look for in a relationship is feeling good all the time. But I’ll settle for feeling bad all the time.

But maybe I should only use the word relationship if I’m saying it sarcastically.

6 comments:

Chris East said...

"All day I thought about what my roommate said.
About our cat purring loudly while watching her clean the litter box."

i love this
thank you

jillian clark said...

i really liked "I think I’m at a point in my life"

yes

colin bassett said...

"I think I'm at a point in my life"

yes

Crispin Best said...

this is very great
i felt very good watching this
my chest didthis

Josh said...

This seems obvious, but holy shit:

"But maybe I should only use the word relationship if I’m saying it sarcastically."

good.

Todd Colby said...

Well done. The poem and the reading of it. Thank you.